Hello my adorably adoring fans!
I have realized that the majority of my blog posts have been rants about something that (let's be honest) the few of you reading probably don't care about =L So in THIS post, I am going to talk about something that will hopefully be helpful and enlightening =)
The topic of today's helpful little snippet is the infamous FIVE FINGERED SHOE!!!!!
Though this seemingly silly product is still relatively new, it has taken the world by storm! And why is that? Let's be serious...it's not necessarily fashionable and they kind of look like some gadget out of a really bad spy movie. To be completely honest, I thought that these shoes seemed rather pointless when I first heard of them. Well...until I started to hear more about them.
From what I can gather from some of the websites that sell this shoe, the main advantage of using the shoe is that you have the sensation of running barefoot, but with the protection of a shoe. That may sound silly, but there has been a LOT of research that suggests that running/walking/standing barefoot is better on your joints than wearing some $250 custom shoe. If you have time, I would really recommend that you watch THIS video which explains some of what I just mentioned.
NOTE: That video came out BEFORE the five fingered shoes became popular.
THIS is another video about the five fingered shoe.
When I first started to get interested in this product, I thought, "Well, that's nice for people who run a lot." WRONG! There are SO many other applications that I found for the five fingered shoe.
Think of it like this: The shoe is meant to help relieve the strain and pain in people's joints, right? So by that standard, the five fingered shoe can help in any task where people might feel strain in their joints from standing, Like: weightlifting, running, walking, hiking, cleaning the house, jumping, playing tennis, playing basketball, and loads of other things that I'm too lazy to type out!
Actually, one of the first applications of this product that I thought of was for my dad. Yes, he has a lot of back pain that these shoes might help out a little bit, but that's not the first thing that I thought of.
I love my dad, but there are some things about him that I will never understand. For instance, he has these old, nasty, torn up, and falling apart swimming clogs that he wears when he's diving, or when he's going to be swimming through and standing on brush in the river. I immediately thought of those nasty clogs when I saw the five fingered running shoes.
And the best part is, he doesn't have to own a pair for swimming and a pair for walking because....
THEY'RE WATERPROOF AND MACHINE WASHABLE!
Now...if by some random chance, I have already sold you on these shoes and you're looking for a place to buy them, then you can get them at most outdoor suppliers like REI (rei.com). And HERE, you will be able to see all of the different kinds they have as far as lace up, velcro, buckle, slip on, etc. You should also check this out because it'll answer a lot of other questions about the shoe.
Well I hope that you've enjoyed this post. I'm going to go look for a pair of my own =)
Peace

No comments:
Post a Comment